Establish yourself as a trusted professional. Individuals search online for facts and will look to you, as a topic matter expert, to provide it to them. Every week (or whatever schedule works) produces an opportunity to develop on this, while strengthening your brand.
Build a relationship with the individuals on your list. It’s prevalent knowledge that people like to buy from people they like. By using ezines to connect with readers in their homes, you can develop a relationship of familiarity and confidence. Be sure to share a little about yourself or your business in every issue, whether it is an anecdote, occasion, or worker spotlight.
Keep in touch with Customers
1. Keep in touch with prospects and customers. Consideration must be given to eventually developing two ezines: one for leads and one for clients, as each require different information. This is a great way to notify your readers of weekly specials or upcoming product releases, offer new articles or customer stories, and provide links (or urls) to up-to-date FAQs, blogs and splash pages.
Drive traffic to your website or blog
2. Drive traffic to your website or blog. As noted in #3, remember to call attention to new blog posts or other changes to your website with links straight to those pages. Remind readers of your online newsletter archives. Promote specialized sales (maybe with discount coupon codes only for subscribers) with a link to the sales page. Use links to switch your ezines and newsletters into ‘silent salespersons’– driving traffic to your website and constructing your lists around the clock.
3. Build content on your website. Make a routine to adding your ezines and newsletters to your website in an archive area. This serves a several important purposes:
Visitors can determine their opinion on your ezine
4. Visitors can read an issue or two to determine if your ezine will be of interest to them, which could help to boost sign-ups and potential sales.
Optimize your article
5. If you optimize your article positioning, you will not only make your website ‘meatier’, but you’ll also bring new traffic from the search engines.
Get feedback from readers
6. Get feedback from your readers. Make it easy for you to stay in touch with prospects and customers and vice versa. Ask them to take action and remark on your articles and offers. Conduct polls and surveys. Start a ‘Letters to the Editor’ column in your ezine. Feedback allows you to fine tune your messages, target your marketing, and expand your product line. It’s also great for relationship building!
Establish information product
7. Establish an information product. If you deliver your newsletter once a week and include two articles, at the end of a year you’ll have 104 well-researched posts in your portfolio! Pick the best-of-the-best and switch them into a bonus ebook for opting-in to your list, distribute to download sites to build your list, or sell in PDF-format!
Grow your mailing list
8.Grow your mailing list. Let your ezine subscribers work for you. Be sure to remind your readers that it’s okay to forward your newsletter to anyone they’d like. In addition, it’s important to include sign-up instructions for those who received your ezine from viral marketing methods. A simple line titled, ‘Get Your Own Copy of XXXXXX’, with a link to your squeeze or opt-in page is all it takes!
Collect demographic data
9. Collect demographic data. By offering surveys, opinions forms, and niche reports, you’ll be able to get valuable information about your prospects and customers. Learn what makes your people tick, how to better serve them, and how to give them what they desire. Make sure they become duplicate customers!
10. Conserve money! All of the above benefits of distributing an ezine are free or almost free. The small cost of a top-rated ezine publishing system is nothing compared to the cost of brochures, business cards, advertising, direct mail, pay-per-click or other means of promotion. Not only that, but someone has to manage that production! Mainly because your newsletter is delivered online, you can grow your list to be as big as you want without worrying about the expense. Bottom line ? it’s confirmed that email marketing is the most cost-effective marketing solution for companies just like yours!